Thursday, April 21, 2011

Roasted Salmon with Balsamic-Honey Mustard Glaze


Have I mentioned that I work at a gym?  Not just any ol’ gym though, a kettlebell gym.  I’ve been there a few months now and well, I think its time I start looking like I work at MBody Strength.

My brother-in-law, THE Marcus Martinez (HaH!), has ever so nicely encouraged me to work out and eat better.  Simple enough, right?  No, I’m fighting him every bit of the way with the “eat better” of it all (and occasionally I’ll throw in a tantrum about the working out too, okay, maybe more than occasionally).

So, here I am, giving in for a night and tapping into the healthier side of my spatula.  Tonight’s dinner menu:

Roasted Salmon with Balsamic-Honey Mustard Glaze
Roasted Carrots · Rice Pilaf · Balsamic Coated Green Beans



Roasted Salmon with Balsamic-Honey Mustard Glaze
Serves 3-4

18-24 Oz. Fresh Salmon Filet

½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 ½ Tbs. Agave Nectar
2 Tbs. Honey Dijon Mustard
½ tsp. Golden Brown Sugar, packed
Kosher Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste

Preheat your broiler.

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly brush a thin layer of olive oil onto the foil.  Place the salmon onto the baking sheet, skin side down.

In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the glaze.  Once incorporated, generously brush the glaze onto your salmon.  Reserve any leftover glaze.

Broil for 5 minutes.

Apply reserved glaze while salmon is in the oven.  Return to the broiler for 3-5 minutes (or until flakey all the way through).



Tasty Tips/Finds:
·   You will likely have leftover glaze.  I suggest pouring about half into a container before your first brush, for later use (and to avoid any raw fish contamination).  It also serves as a great marinate for steak.
·   Position the salmon 4-6” from the broiler.
·   When returning the salmon to the broiler leave the door cracked just ever so slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment