Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake



Chocolate + Mayonnaise + Cake = HuH?

This past weekend we celebrated my husband's birthday and I knew that I wanted to bake his cake this year.  His sweet of choice is without a doubt CHOCOLATE so when I got this recipe from a class at Williams-Sonoma it was a no brainer.  Although I must admit the word "Mayonnaise" in a cake recipe scared me a little.  But, with one taste I became a believer.  So I answer:


Chocolate + Mayonnaise + Cake = Deliciously Moist, Moist, Moist Cake




Happy Birthday Ryan!

My Tips/Tasty Finds:
  • Do not, (I repeat) Do not over beat the batter!  Mix only until incorporated.
  • To make Cupcakes bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
  • To make a Layered Cake bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
  • Frosting!  I combined chocolates:  8 ounces of Bittersweet Chocolate, and 2 ounces of Milk Chocolate.  Yum, Yum, Yum!

1 comment:

  1. this seriously makes me want to vomit. but if you force fed me, i would try it. it also looks very pretty. and so do you.

    ReplyDelete