Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Friend the Potato Ricer

Allow me to introduce you to a friend of mine, Ms. Potato Ricer.  Since joining my kitchen about a month ago she has helped me conquer Mashed Potatoes.  I cannot explain it, but Mashed Potatoes used to be my kitchen-nemesis and I could never get them right.  The Potato Ricer creates the most perfect texture and I would never attempt to make Mashed Potatoes without her now.  She is an absolute must-have for Thanksgiving!




EASY TO USE:  Cook Potatoes -> Rice Potatoes -> Add Ingredients and Mix -> Enjoy!


My Tips/Tasty Finds:
  • Using a mixture of potatoes (Yukon, Red, Russet, etc.) gives great flavor.
  • You do not have to peel your potatoes when using the Potato Ricer.
  • Make sure you generously salt your potato-water BEFORE you start, and do not use too much water (just enough to cover the top of your potatoes).
·  
· 

1 comment:

  1. GREAT POST.....IS A GOOD IDEA TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH YOUR RICER AND ALL COOKING UTENSILS....WILL SHOW UP IN THE RESULTS OF GOOD FOOD :D

    ReplyDelete