Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bringing Home the Bacon

I have never met a person that can devour as much bacon as my husband!  He just has an endless stomach/craving/appetite for it. 

I myself have not always been a huge fan of bacon.  I slowly started to develop my own craving for it and before I knew it, I was addicted.  Here’s what sent me over the edge:

It all started when we were getting ready to leave Mammoth one weekend after a family wedding.  Cousin Joy decided to mention this “Great bacon place” she had once heard about in Bishop, California.  So what does any normal family do (the bacon addiction runs in the Daily family) with that tid-bit of information?  We buy an ice chest from a local grocery store, fill it with ice, and make a little pit-stop on the way home- Only to fill the entire thing up with bacon.

My-oh-my, “great” does not even describe this bacon.  It is absolutely amazing!  So amazing and so addicting that we now regularly order it online.  It’s talked about so much in our families that we usually receive it as a Christmas present or Birthday gift.

Tasty Find:  Mahogany Smoked Meats

No comments:

Post a Comment