Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cheesy Green Chili Artichoke Dip

I took a little break for Thanksgiving planning (but only a little one)...

... to have Game Night with two of our favorite couples, Taylor & Russell and Stephanie and Danny.  We love having them over because they're a lot of fun, I think they might love cards just as much as we do (we're kind of card-game fanatics), and it gives me an excuse to make a little something extra special for the night- Cheesy Green Chili Artichoke Dip.

The last time that we had them over I made this dip and it seemed to be a hitt so I decided to make it again, but with a little extra something-something for dipping.


Cheesy Green Chili Artichoke Dip
and a Little Something-Something (Homemade Tortilla Scoops)

Cheesy Green Chili Artichoke Dip

1 (8 Oz) block of Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup Mayonnaise
1 (14 Oz) jar of Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
1 (4.25 Oz) can of Green Ortega Chilis
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1 Tbs. grated Parmesan
1 cup shredded Mozzarella
3 dashes of Hot Sauce (such a Tapatio)
1/4 cup shaved Parmasan, for topping

Preheat the oven to 350.

In a medium bowl, beat the cream and mayonnaise with a hand mixer until smooth.

In a small bowl, mix all cheeses together (except the shaved Parmesan).

Add cheese and remaining ingredients to the medium bowl and stir until combined.

Transfer into a shallow oven safe serving dish.  Top it off with the shaved Parmesan.  Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.  Then bake 10 minutes on broil.  Enjoy (and make sure you have a clean pair of stretchy pants readily available)!

For the extra something-something I decided to make...

Tortilla Scoops

1 (10 piece) bag of X-Large Flour Tortillas
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 pinch Kosher Salt

Preheat the oven to 375.

In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and salt together.  Set aside.

With a medium-sized rimmed cup cut small circles from the tortillas.*

Lightly brush each small tortilla, front and back, with the olive oil/salt mixture.

Using a mini-muffin tin, press each small tortilla down.  Bake for 10 minutes.

*I do this because I am OCD-crazy and my circle need to be perfect.  I'm sure an imperfect circle will work just fine- The OCD-crazy in me just HAS to use the cup!

These are great because they really let you dig in.  Trust me, you will want to dig in.

Y-U-M-M-Y

3 comments: