Monday, November 1, 2010

I LOVE Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my absolute FAVORITE holiday.  It wasn't always, but over the years I have really grown to appreciate it.  I love, love, love that it's an entire day devoted to delicious food, special family time, and counting your blessings.  It's everything that a holiday should be and then some.

That's not to say there isn't any hustle and bustle because of course there is.  Oh sure, there's menu planning, recipe testing, grocery shopping, cooking/baking, decorating and getting the house extra clean, but that's all part of the fun.

So, since we are officially in Thanksgiving season, and because I am already looking forward to it, I think I'll get started with my menu planning today.  Here's what I have in mind:

Starters
Corn-Man Veggie Platter (This is a Daily-family tradition that has been passed down to me)

Dinner
Turkey
Mashed Potatoes / Gravy
Sweet Potato Casserole
Stuffing
Corn Souffle
Balsamic Berry Salad
Cranberry Sauce
Rolls

Dessert
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes
Pear-Apple-Cranberry Crisp

At least that's the plan.  Now, please keep in mind that I am still new at this so feel free to let me know if I've left off a classic must-have.

1 comment:

  1. Look terrific kiddo...where's the green beans?

    ReplyDelete