Wednesday, November 3, 2010

To Brine or Not To Brine?

Have I mentioned that I <3 Thanksgiving?
Have I mentioned that I'm hosting a Thanksgiving dinner?
Have I mentioned that I've already started planning my menu?
And, have I mentioned that I'm still new at this?


Being that the turkey should be the Pièce de Résistance on the dinner table I want to make sure I get it just perfect. And, since this will be my first time cooking a whole turkey (If you don't count dragging my mother in law out of bed first thing in the morning to come clean and prep my turkey, which is what I did last year- Thanks McD!),* I wanted to get some feedback.

That being said, I know that I want to serve a traditional roasted turkey, but I've gotten mixed opinions on whether To Brine or Not To Brine?  It seems as though people are either enthusiastic and committed to the technique, or think its a-whole-lot of mess for a similar end result.  So all you veteran family-cooks and turkey lovers, what are your thoughts?


*In my defense, I was VERY new to cooking and all the "giblets" and "cavity" and "both ends" and "getting to know your bird" talk really grossed me out.  I just wasn't there yet, but I feel confident this year.  I can do it!

1 comment:

  1. DON'T DO IT!!!!!! Just make sure it's real juicy, like your booty. I mean what?

    ReplyDelete